[cvsnt] SSPI on Mac OS X client?

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Tue Jun 5 12:36:52 BST 2007

Jim Hyslop wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Up until now, all our clients have been using Windows machines, and
> the server is on Windows. We only have SSPI protocol enabled. We now
> need to add a Mac OS X client, but we can't seem to get SSPI working.
> Does the Mac OS X CVSNT client support SSPI? If so, how do we get it
> to work?
>
> We've tried 'cvs -d :sspi:user at cvs_server:/repository_name login' but
> get an authentication error.

The Unix SSPI Client uses NTLMv1 which is often not enabled on active
directory these days.  You might also need to specify a domain.

If you check the audit logs on the AD server it will give more information.

You may also be able to get gserver working depending on whether OSX
has registered its host key & done a kinit on login etc. (last time I
checked it didn't but that was a while ago).