[cvsnt] cvs: Obsolete CVSUSEUNIXLF option used. Please update your client.

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Tue Jun 5 20:47:58 BST 2007

Chris 'Xenon' Hanson wrote:
>>    When we switched to the latest CVSNT, we started getting the error
>> "cvs: Obsolete CVSUSEUNIXLF option used.  Please update your client.".
>> I understand this to mean that support for the CVSUSEUNIXLF option has
>> been removed, but I can't find when or why this was done, or what
>> we're supposed to be doing if we were employing that option.

About 2 years ago from memory.  It's a *really* old wincvs undocumented
option that was really dangerous (it could easily screw up your
repository completely, although cvsnt server since has gained builtin
protection to prevent it) and was removed.

I'm not sure if the new clients support anything of the sort - it was
deprecated so long ago it's likely to have been removed completely.  The
equivalent documented --lf option had a rewrite to make it safe and was
put back in 2.5.04 but I'm not sure if that's been backported to the
2.3.03 bugfix/commercial releases or is just hanging around in limbo.