[cvsnt] Memory allocation error help

Chris Terenzi cterenzi at datapath.com
Wed Jun 6 00:12:18 BST 2007

Hi, I have a CVSNT repository that contains a number of large-ish binary
files. While attempting to checkout one of my modules today (over 500
MB) I received the dreaded "out of memory; can not reallocate 335544320
bytes" error. We will soon be moving to a better solution for our binary
files, but in the meantime, what can I do to alleviate my woes. I am
currently using build 2.5.03.2382, would upgrading to 2.5.04.2471 be
recommended? I tried increasing my VM, but that did not work.

Thanks,

Chris

Disclaimer for DataPath

This electronic message, together with any attachments, is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
This communication may contain information that is privileged or confidential and is the intellectual property of the sender.
If you are not the named addressee, you are expressly prohibited from reading, printing, retaining, copying, distributing or disseminating this message or any part of it or any attachments or any information contained therein.
Doing so may be actionable under state or federal laws.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately either by phone (866-855-3800) or reply to this e-mail and immediately delete all copies of this message and any attachments.

All electronic messages and attachments sent and received are subject to monitoring, reading and archival by DataPath.
The recipient of this electronic message is responsible for ensuring that it and any attachments are free from "viruses" or other software or defects that may affect any computer system into which it is received or opened.

DataPath accepts no responsibility for any damage that may arise from the receipt or use of this electronic message or any attachments.