[cvsnt] Q: Is CVSNT dead? A: No.

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Wed Jun 6 00:43:46 BST 2007

Arthur Barrett wrote:

> If you would like to volunteer to keep the wiki up to date, please
> volunteer.

I started to get myself into the habit of adding useful info I find on this
list to the wiki. It's a learn process :)

> Some things that I am working on to make progress clearer:
> * an HTML/Wiki view of the "latest checkins" (currently the
> [cvsnt-commits] newsgroup)
> * an HTML/Wiki view of the "latest user messages" (currently the [cvsnt]
> newsgroup)
> * an automated daily build system with results viewable on the web

Thanks for giving this some thoughts and effort. What I feel is missing
most is a complete list of complete release notes, starting at some point
and then going into the future.

With the double "complete" I mean that if I start with today's release and
then read the release notes history backwards to, say, the release I have
installed, I get to know everything that has been changed between my
release and the current one. This requires that the release notes for a
release contain everything relevant that changed since the last release
with a release note was published, and that the complete sequence of
release notes is collected somewhere.

So far, we have to rely mostly on the memory of list members for this.

Gerhard