[cvsnt] How to find rogue cvs.exe???

Rick Martin rsmandcam at _NO_SPAM_sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 15 21:55:16 BST 2007

> Question:
> Is there a way to ask Windows to spell out the *path* to an executable
> when it can find it if one gives the command on the command line? For
> example if I type cvs on the command line it finds somewhere a cvs.exe
> version 2.0.51d, how can one display *where* it has been found???

Hi Bo,

Put this in a batch file and run it.  Whereis cvs.exe
It won't show you all of the cvs.exe on the system but it will show you the
one that's being found.

@echo off
SET WhereIsPath="%~$PATH:1"
IF %WhereIsPath% == "" (