[cvsnt] Which version of CVSNT for Windows Vista?

Petr Prikryl PrikrylP at skil.cz
Wed Jun 20 10:21:04 BST 2007

Hi,

I am migrating from the old machine with Windows XP
to the new machine with Windows Vista (Enterprise edition),
and I am having problem with instalation of CVSNT.

I have asked in this mailing list...

> I tried to install the CVSNT 2.5.04.2471 from the package
> cvsnt-server-2.5.04.2471.msi on Windows Vista.
[...]
> 3) ... but when I try "cvs diff -r older -r newer"
>    I get the result that says that the version number
>    differs but not the content. However, the content
>    IS different.

Arthur Barrett answered... (May 22)
> This is a known bug (just fixed today).
> Will be in the next release.

Is there any plan for the release? Is it going
to be fixed in 2.5.04 ?

I have also observed that CVSNT Control Panel
for 2.5.04.2471 does not work on Windows Vista.
In the same time EVS panel works and I was able
to set the repository path using that panel,
uninstall the EVS and install CVSNT
(Search for "Problem with cvs on WinVista, instalation,
cvs diff strange behaviour..." thread.

Arthur Barrett answered... (May 24)
> I'll be looking at 2.5.04 on Vista in the next
> few weeks, if I can reproduce your problem I will
> fix it, it not I'll ask you some more questions.

Is there anything new? (Please, do not feel offended.
I am just waiting eagerly for the solution.)

What is your experience? Do you use CVSNT on Windows Vista?
What version do you recommend?

Thanks for your time and experience,
    pepr

Checked by AVG Free Edition.