No subject

Mon Jun 18 18:45:05 BST 2007

repository was on a mapped network share the server would throw a
similar error message, wouldn't it?

Regards,
Fl=E1vio

On 6/20/07, Arthur Barrett <arthur.barrett at march-hare.com> wrote:
> Joseph,
>
> in directory Z:\projects\some\path\to\file do this:
>
> type CVS\Root
>

> What I think you will see is that it is :local: - you need to re-checkout=
 the sandbox using pserver (or WinCVS has a macro to change the Root from :=
on that).

> From your initial comments I gather that z: is a mapped drive to a samba =
share on the linux box.

> If so when you checked out the sandbox on linux you should have used :pse=
rver: not :local:.  Again: local is very dangerous and should never be used=
 except by the CVS/CVSNT developers.

> Furthermore sharing a sandbox between Linux and Windows can be rather dan=
gerous - but if you are only using WinCVS diffs then that should be OK.  If=
 however you use WinMerge to do merging (from WinCVS) then you could easily=
 end up changing the line endings on the source files - which if you commit=
 from Linux will create a very messy result.