[cvsnt] Can CVS require a check in comment?

Peter Crowther Peter.Crowther at melandra.com
Fri Jun 22 07:57:27 BST 2007

> From: Jerome Fong
> I'm having a hard time bug fixes since some of the developers are not
> adding comments in the check in.  Is there a way for CVS to
> require/force a comment to be entered when a person does a check in?

As Arthur points out, this is a FAQ.  Techically, you can.  Practically,
the same lazy developers who don't enter comments now will enter "asdf"
or "none" if they're forced to enter a non-blank comment, and you're
worse off than you were before.

Educate the developers.  The technical fix isn't a solution.

		- Peter