[cvsnt] Can CVS require a check in comment?

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Sat Jun 23 03:34:50 BST 2007

Jan,

> > Educate the developers.  The technical fix isn't a solution.
> It is correct, that any technical fix can not protect you
> from intentionally bad guys. However, it works great to
> prevent unintentional mistakes, hurry up clicks etc. Really,
> I can not imagine life without our precommit check looking
> for, if I remember correctly, at least 2 words and at least 6
> characters total.

Last time this issue came up I did suggest the person asking for this
feature submit their script when they wrote it.  They never did.  Do you
want to submit a script.  You (or perhaps I can volunteer Gerhard) or
someone can then add the example to the FAQ as well as the earlier
comments.

As I and Tony at least said though - a blank comment is often OK (why
require a crufty comment when none is required) - provided there is a
bug number.  So the next release of 2.5.04 has the ability to require a
bug number.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett