[cvsnt] cvs server: warning: <file> is not (any longer) pertinent

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Wed Jun 27 16:54:54 BST 2007

Nuno Rocha wrote:

> I think that this is because I can't do a checkout from two different
> locations to a single local directory. The CVS folder created when a
> file/module is checkout contains several information regarding the
> module from where the file was checked out, so when trying to checkout a
> file that is in a different directory in the server it "blows up". Is
> this right?

Yes, this is my understanding also. In cvs(nt), many operations are
directory based (for one, all meta information is directory based), so
mixing several modules in one sandbox directory doesn't work.

> Does anyone knows another solution than delete the CVS folder after doing
> whatever I want to do with the checked out file, so that I'm able to do
> another checkout to the same local directory?

I don't know anything that would work (besides export, but that doesn't
allow a commit). Why do you need to checkout to the same sandbox directory?

Gerhard