[cvsnt] cvsnt Digest, Vol 51, Issue 2

zac elston zelston at printingforsystems.com
Fri Mar 2 18:44:41 GMT 2007

> These files appear to be completely ignored during an add/commit
> (using
> Tortoise).  Is tortoise overwriting the defaults?
> (my own answer...yes.  cmd line and WinCVS use the correct cvswrapper
> settings.....but none use the cvsignore settings).

Funny this comes up, I'm having a similar problem.  I can't seem to
impact the cvswrappers file at all.

Basically I'm trying to add *.class files for binary import (long
story) and I do NOT have a cvsignore file, but all .class files are
ignored.

I have
Server :RHEL 4 Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio)
Build 2382 (client/server)
Client:  RHEL 4 Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio)
Build 2382 (client/server)
Client :  OSX Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11.20 (client/server)

my cvswrappers file says

*.class -k 'b'

Checking in cvswrappers;
/psi/CVSROOT/cvswrappers,v  <--  cvswrappers
done
cvsnt server: Rebuilding administrative file database

my Pserver says (and that's all it says...)

Repository0=/CVS_SAN/CVSROOT
Repository0Name=/psi

my import says ....

I apache-tomcat-5.5.20/webapps/servlets-examples/WEB-INF/classes/
RequestHeaderExample.class
I apache-tomcat-5.5.20/webapps/servlets-examples/WEB-INF/classes/
RequestParamExample.class
I apache-tomcat-5.5.20/webapps/servlets-examples/WEB-INF/classes/
HelloWorldExample.class
I apache-tomcat-5.5.20/webapps/servlets-examples/WEB-INF/classes/
SessionExample.class

having the client specify it on import works

cvs import -I ! -W "*.class" -k 'b' apache-tomcat-5.5.20 apache import

Bu t  I must be missing something for the default action to be
ignored.   where else can I look?

thanks

-zac