[cvsnt] Wtd: Advice on preferred protocol for internet deployment of CVSNT

Peter Crowther Peter.Crowther at melandra.com
Wed Mar 7 10:02:40 GMT 2007

We've been using CVSNT in-house for some years, using SSPI, with no
issues.  Now I need to set up a server for a different organisation.
I'm looking for advice on the best protocol to use given the
constraints.

They have a hosted web server that's reasonably well backed up and on a
fast network.  No other box in the organisation is better specced, and
this is (to me) the obvious place to put the CVSNT server.  It's a
standalone Windows 2003 server - no domain.  They also have 3 people who
need access to this repository.  One of those people is me, via three
machines (two desktops, one laptop) in two of my own domains.  The
others are standalone Windows boxes.  Setting up trust relationships,
adding a domain controller or joining the server into an existing domain
have been ruled out for paranoia reasons.

The project sponsor is concerned about theft of his source code, and
will not accept cleartext communication with to the server.

I want to get this set up so that it costs me the least possible hassle
during setup and maintenance.

I'd welcome any suggestions on the most appropriate protocol to use
given those constraints!  Thanks in advance.

		- Peter