[cvsnt] Advice on preferred protocol for internet deployment ofCVSNT

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Mar 8 17:35:22 GMT 2007

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 12:13:29 -0000, "Peter Crowther"
<Peter.Crowther at melandra.com> wrote:

>> From: Luigi D. Sandon
>> Given the small number of people needing access, IMHO you
>> don't need a public machine.
>> I would put the repository on a machine in the company's
>> internal network and use a VPN to access it.
>
>In theory I agree with you.  However, the company's run from home.  The
>company's internal network is a home network with one desktop, one
>laptop and no machine that's always-on.  The web server is the only box
>they have that's guaranteed to be on.
>
>		- Peter

Is the webserver also on the home network or is it a server at a
service provider?
If at home than they could install Microsoft Virtual Server on that
machine and then create a virtual machine to handle the CVS stuff.
The virtual machine can have all kinds of safeguards you may want to
employ and it would still be on the network on port 2401.

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)