[cvsnt] how commit -r work?

Tim Chippington Derrick tim at chippingtonderrick.co.uk
Fri Mar 9 16:14:34 GMT 2007

Don't *ever* try to force the revision numbers - it won't work any
more and is associated with a broken way of thinking. This is a
*very* common mistake that many people make when they don't
understand what is going on. Instead just tag all the files with some
meaningful name like "V2.0" and then you can always retrieve that set
of files with the correct versions by specifying the correct tag on
checkout. Trust us on this - you can almost totally ignore the
individual version numbers as they don't really help you that much.

Tim