[cvsnt] timeouts and temp directory

bwhicks at aep.com bwhicks at aep.com
Fri Mar 9 16:54:47 GMT 2007

Hi guys, I'm a little stumped and was hoping someone could help me out.

I'm running win2k3 server with cvsnt 2.5.03.2382 and clients are winxp pro
with the same cvsnt version.

I seem to sporadically and randomly get one of two errors. One says
something like:

cvs [server aborted]: cannot change permissions on temporary directory
C:\cvstemp/cvs-serv3936: Permission denied

Except that cvsnt is running as system and system has full control on that
directory.

The other error is a simple timeout.

We are running McAffee antivirus on the server, but we have it set to not
scan the temp directory or the repositories. we are also running a cruise
control .net server against the system (which is how we discovered the
errors).

Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks!

Brian