[cvsnt] timeouts and temp directory

Flávio Etrusco flavio.etrusco at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 10:53:53 GMT 2007

> > You should try removing the antivirus completely (or at least disable
> > on-access scan) from the server and see whether the persists.
>
> I'll try totally disabling the AV and see if it helps, even though it will
> be pretty much impossible to get that sort of configuration approved in
> production...

Given the recent security breaches in Networks Associates and Symantec
antivirus products, I'm hardly convinced that an antivrus will do any
good to a "server" which has/is behind a firewall and which the only
network service is CVSNT.

> > CruiseControl used to run "cvs rlog" after each commit, so it incurred
> > in very bad cvs performance, but I'm not aware of other problems.
>
> I think newer versions do rlog after commits, but the older version our
> devs are running does a "cvs log" in a checked out workspace something
> like every 5-10 minutes to see if anything has changed. Yes, this is
> EXTREMELY detrimental to performance.

I guess 'rlog' and 'log' have basically the same performance
characteristics, and if they really ever used 'log' it means they
use(d) a shadow sandbox so I'm still more puzzled why "cvs update"
wouldn't be good enough...

Regards,
Flávio