[cvsnt] rearranging branches

Rick Martin rsmandcam at _NO_SPAM_sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 16 19:26:44 GMT 2007

I have a branch that is on a number of files. Some of these files have
different tags. I realize know that instead of a single branch I should
have created a branch for each of the tags. Is there a simple way <g> to
recreate the branches I really wanted and possibly get rid of the single
branch I don't?
Example:

File1
   1.1 	   : BaseBranch
   1.1.1.2 : GoodTag1

File2
   1.1 :     BaseBranch
   1.1.1.3 : GoodTag2

What I'd like to do is change BaseBranch on any file that has a revsion
with GoodTag1 to GoodBranch1 and for any file with a revision GoodTag2 I
want to change BaseBranch to GoodBranch2.
So it would look like this:

File1
   1.1 	   : GoodBranch1
   1.1.1.2 : GoodTag1

File2
   1.1 :     GoodBranch2
   1.1.1.3 : GoodTag2

I can live with BaseBranch existing afterward and just ignoreing it. I'd
prefer for BaseBranch to go away or be replaced by the separate
GoodBranches.

TIA,
Rick