[cvsnt] Corrupted files

Aleksander Pahor Aleksander.Pahor at hermes-softlab.com
Mon Mar 19 08:57:36 GMT 2007

Hi Bo!

Yes. It's CVSNT. I use TortoiseCVS as client. Version 1.8.25.

CVSROOT=:sspi:srvcvs01:/cvs_root

cvsdiag output:
CVSNT Diagnostic output
-----------------------
Server version: 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2151
OS Version: Windows 2003 5.2.3790 (Service Pack 1)
CVS Service installed: Yes
LockService installed: Yes
:pserver: installed: No
:sserver: installed: No
:gserver: installed: No
:server: installed: No
:ssh: installed: No
:sspi: installed: Yes
:ext: installed: No
Installation Path: E:\Programs\CVSNT\
Repository 0 Path: F:/cvs_root
Repository 0 Name: /cvs_root
Repository 1 Path: (no value)
Repository 1 Name: (no value)
Repository 2 Path: (no value)
Repository 2 Name: (no value)
Repository 3 Path: (no value)
Repository 3 Name: (no value)
CVS Temp directory: F:\cvs_temp
CA Certificate File: (no value)
Private Key File: (no value)
Local Users Only: No
Default LockServer: localhost:2402
Disable Reverse DNS: No
Server Tracing: No
Case Sensitive: No
Server listen port: 2401
Compatibility (Non-cvsnt clients):
 Report old CVS version: No
 Hide extended status: No
 Emulate co -n bug: Yes
 Ignore client wrappers: No
Compatibility (CVSNT clients):
 Report old CVS version: No
 Hide extended status: No
 Emulate co -n bug: No
 Ignore client wrappers: No
Default domain: DUM
Force run as user:
Temp dir readable by current user: Yes
Repository0 readable by current user: Yes
Temp dir writable by current user: Yes
AV files detected:
(none)
Installed Winsock protocols:
1003: MSAFD Tcpip [TCP/IP]
1004: MSAFD Tcpip [UDP/IP]
1001: RSVP UDP Service Provider
1002: RSVP TCP Service Provider

Before I had 2.5.1.1927. Those files are newer than then the old server (added under the new 2.5.3.2151 ). I tested - and those files get corrupted everytime I add them to the repo. Actually the repo (,v) file looks OK. But checkout/update produces empty file with exact size. Looks like all the files that get corrupted have some kind of "right content" which bollocks cvsnt.
Do I need to upgrade the server to 2.5.3.2382? I didn't see any topic around about 2.5.3.2151 corrupting binary files...

Thanks again for the prompt response!

BR,
 Aleksander