[cvsnt] Require Comment on Commit

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Mar 21 22:11:11 GMT 2007

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 06:44:22 +1100, "Arthur Barrett"
<arthur.barrett at march-hare.com> wrote:

>As I wrote in my original message - use the postcommit trigger.
>http://www.cvsnt.org/manual/html/postcommit.html

I believe the proper script to use is precommand:
http://www.cvsnt.org/manual/html/precommand.html

postcommit (depreciated) is launched *after* the commit has already
succeeded and so will not stop the users from sending commits without
log messages. The precommand script has this capability.

>When you have created a script - submit it back to the newsgroup so others can use it.

I agree, would be interesting to see how the message parsing is done
to do something sensible...

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)