[cvsnt] "the :extssh: access method is not available on this system"

Hüller Gernot G.Hueller at mobilkom.at
Wed Mar 28 18:23:18 BST 2007

I need to use extssh to connect (eventually using IBM RAD 6 on win2k) to a CVS server.

Previously I used a version of cvsnt that shipped with wincvs (CVSNT 2.0.51d) but had troubles and tried to use a current version.
Now I have installed 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2382 and updated environment path.

What happened to extssh support? The version I just installed does no longer seem to speak it!
any attempt to connect to a :extssh: repository is terminated immediately with the message
"the :extssh: access method is not available on this system".

What can I do to get extssh running in cvsnt 2.5?

Thanks,

		Gernot