[cvsnt] Cannot change permissions on temporary directory

Eric B. ebenze at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 3 05:46:59 GMT 2007

>> So I ran the second msg with the debug level @ 3 and got the
>> following:
>>
>>   -> Tracelevel set to 3.  PID is 3032
>>   -> Session ID is bd8472a9d075371
>>   -> main loop with CVSROOT=:pserver:billy at 192.168.102.2:/Medix
>> cvs [server aborted]: cannot change permissions on temporary directory
>> D:\CVS\Temp/cvs-serv1248: Permission denied
>>

>You haven't enabled tracing in the advanced tab of the cvsnt control
>panel on the server.
>http://www.march-hare.com/cvspro/faq/faq2.asp#2z

So I finally updated my CVSNT version with the latest stable, and after much
hair pulling and swearing at the monitor with the old version, the latest
version seems to work fine with permissions.  No more errors with
permissions creating temp directories, etc.

Thanks so much for all the help.  I would never have guessed that the
version upgrade would have resolved this problem.

If anyone else runs into this problem, make sure you upgrade to at least
2.5.03.2382 before tearing your hair out like I did.

Eric