[cvsnt] Running "loginfo" processes with credentials of the userdoing aCVS commit?

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Thu Nov 8 17:21:27 GMT 2007

MikeStratoti wrote:
> Glen,
> I suspected that is what Windows is doing.  But, in the last few hours I
> have also run across a Windows Server 2003 feature termed "constrained
> delegation" which seems to designed specifically for this double hop
> problem. My research so far let me to a nice explanation of this new feature
> at

Sounds like that's exactly what you're looking for.  A good improvement,
and yet still sounds reasonably secure, over what was available before
with W2K.

I ran into that issue some years back using a multi tier architecture,
but because it wasn't the security credentials I was really interested
in I was able to just grab the name and pass it as a parameter.  Still
had to jump through some hoops though to get it all working as expected.

Thanks for the update :)

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett
Technical Account Manager, North America

http://march-hare.com/cvspro/