[cvsnt] Gentoo Linux - libcvsapi error

David Buntin dbuntin at econtrols.com
Thu Nov 8 18:12:46 GMT 2007

Hello,

I'm moving a cvs repository from an old NT4.0 server to a new Gentoo Linux
1.12.9 server. The server was setup by another and I have little experience
with Gentoo or Linux. I tried the Gentoo ebuild, but it fails with QA
errors. I've fallen back to installing manually following the instructions
on the cvsnt wiki.

Building using "make" and "make install" results in a number of warnings but
no errors. Attempts to run cvsnt result in the error "error while loading
shared libraries: libcvsapi-2.5.03.2382.so: cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directory."