[cvsnt] :Audit trigger initialization failed: Open failed: client does not support authentication protocol requested by server ; consider upgrading mysql client

Shubhra Agrawal shubhra08 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 03:58:27 GMT 2007

I am using windows XP. I have installed cvsnt. I have configure 'repository
auditing extension' (using mysql.) I am creating client using eclipse.
When I try to expand and explore the repository directory tree(with auditing
extension configuration enabled) I get following error
"The server reported an error while executing the CVS update command",
Details of this error are:
":Audit trigger initialization failed: Open failed: client does not support
authentication protocol requested by server ; consider upgrading mysql
client"

but when I disable the auditing ext configuration then It works fine!! I am
unable to trace the problem.
Please help.

Regards
Shubh