[cvsnt] Editing CVSNT archive to correct corrutpion?

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Fri Nov 16 00:33:03 GMT 2007

Matthew,

> Setting up the repo on another server will not fix the
> problem as the archive is corrupt and I haven't found a clean
> version yet.

Well we're not certain the archive is corrupt (yet) - the latest version
of the server may do a better job of reading the RCS file.  It's
unlikely, but since you did say you've opened the RCS file and can't see
anything obviously wrong it is a possibility.

Your setup seems very very normal - so I'm a little confused - in the
very very rare instances we see repository corruption it is almost
always due to people using network drives or :local: mode (both of which
are incorrect ways to use CVS or CVSNT).  I've never heard of repository
corruption occuring in the setup you describe.

>  I don't know how to set up the trace but I will look into it.
> Is the log you refer to just the ourput of the trace?

I included a link to the FAQ in my last e-mail.  Yes the output of the
trace is the log.

cvs -ttt log QuickSearch.aspx.cs > log.txt 2> log-err.txt

Regards,

Arthur