[cvsnt] extnt and ssh (extnt aborts)

Mark Johnson amarkjohnson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 16:21:19 GMT 2007

I'm trying to configure extnt to use ssh.  I know that cvsnt has it's own
ssh, which works well, but I want to use both cvsnt/tortoise, and eclipse,
this is why I'm trying to use ext.  I am using cvsnt 2.5.03 build 2382.  I
am also running the cvsagent.  After being prompted for the password (for
the correct constructed CVSROOT), the program aborts.  Any ideas?  See
setting information below.

Environment Variables:
CVS_EXT=extnt "%h" -l "%u"
CVS_RSH="C:\Program Files\cvsnt\extnt.exe"

command: cvs -d :ext:wmarkj at iarepo-ext:/ia_repo co -P -d CommonPE

relevant section of extnt.ini

[iarepo-ext]
protocol=ssh
hostname=wpitsccvs01.devnet.local
directory=/ia_repo

CVSROOT as displayed in cvsagent password prompt: :
ssh:wmarkj at wpitsccvs01.devnet.local:/ia_repo

ERROR:  (the spelling error on the next line is the way it is displayed)
extnt protoocl wrapper has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are
sorry for the inconvenience.
If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on
might be lost.

For more information about this error, click here.
[DEBUG]   [CLOSE]

MORE INFORMATION:
Error signature
AppName: extnt.exe