[cvsnt] Where are CVS ACL settings stored?

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Thu Nov 22 06:14:37 GMT 2007

Eric,

> own machine.  I guess I have to figure out how define who is
> a cvs admin
> next, and then remove the "control" attribute from everyone
> but themselves.

The ACL's work in one of two modes - set it in CVSROOT/config - the
"normal" mode (not the default) denied everyone except admin, the
"compat" one (the default) allows everyone by default.

> Is there the concept of "groups" in cvs where I can specify
> ACLs based on
> groups of users instead of individual users?

Users and groups are interchangable - wherever you see "user" in the
manual feel free to substitite "group".

Regards,

Arthur