[cvsnt] Module information

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Wed Oct 3 10:01:49 BST 2007

Thomas,

> :deny
> echo Operation %1 NOT allowed on %2
> EXIT 1
>
> This bat file is also called and executes cirrectly,
> that is, it types that the operation allowed on the
> module if and only if the module is not blabla
> combined with the another command than export.
>
> BUT even though it calls EXIT 1 in the :deny section,
> it doesnt stop the cvsnt server.

Can you:
* enable tracing on the server
* re-run a scenario that causes EXIT 1, with "cvs -ttt export ..." which
will prpduce a trace.
* search the trace for the call to premodule and send the 10 lines
before and after it to the group.

I had some troubles recently with another trigger in the commercial
build - I suspect that the FOSS build doesn't give much debugging, but
hopefuly we can see something of what is going on.

Also retry with a premodule file that looks like this (change for the
location of cmd.exe on your server):

ALL c:\\windows\\system32\\cmd.exe /c C:/modchk.bat %c %o

The problem could be that your "BAT" is returning 1, but the CMD.EXE
(which is what the server actually runs) is returning 0.

There is also a "script" interface and a C++ interface, both of which
support the premodule trigger, and most probably are a little more
reliable.  I believe there were some script samples posted when this was
first developed about 2 years ago, but none since - c++ samples are
plentiful and in the repository cvsnt/triggers directory.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett