[cvsnt] Error inserting bug description: You have an error in your SQL syntax;

Eric Jones eric.jones at how2evolve.co.uk
Mon Oct 8 12:42:34 BST 2007

   Hello,

   I am having a problem with the CVS plugin for BugZilla.  When I enable
   the plugin I on occasions get the following error detailing an error
   with the SQL:

   In C:\SHARE\Source\DotNet\Serco\ProcessControlServer: "C:\Program
   Files\CVS

   Suite\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe" "-q" "-r" "-x" "commit" "-m" "Formatted
   test script in line with Kieron

   Conway's template and comments from Sue Davies" "TestScripts/Track
   Geometry System Test

   Script.doc"

   CVSROOT=:sspi:eric at 192.168.123.210:/SercoCVS

   Checking in TestScripts/Track Geometry System Test Script.doc;

   /SercoCVS/ProcessControlServer/TestScripts/Track Geometry System Test
   Script.doc,v  <--  Track Geometry System Test Script.doc

   done

   Error inserting bug description: You have an error in your SQL syntax;
   check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the
   right syntax to use near 's template and comments from Sue Davies

   ', 0)' at line 1

   Success, CVS operation completed

   I have looked into the MySQL bug lists (as this is what the BugZilla
   is setup to use) but all i can see there is errors in relation to the
   blob size for mysql  (which i have altered to 16MB so it shouldnât be
   a problem).  The other strange thing is that this error occurs when I
   am not even selecting the âuse Bugâ or âMark Bugâ features from
   TortoiseCVS, so in theory it shouldnât go anywhere near the BugZilla
   database?

   So if its only checking into the RCS file (and not the database) why
   am I getting MySQL errors.  At the moment I have had to disable this
   plugin in order to stop the errors.

   Can you please help or give me some guidance here.

   Eric