[cvsnt] tag error 'cannot rewrite CVS/Entries.Backup: Too many open files'

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Tue Oct 9 22:27:29 BST 2007

Matthew McClellan wrote:
> I receive the following error when trying to tag or branch a module: cvs
> server: cannot rewrite CVS/Entries.Backup: Too many open files.  I'm
> using the free TortoiseCVS client.  The CVS server is CVSNT 2.5.03
> running on Windows 2003 SP1.  The module contains 4,612 files in 783
> folders, adding up to about 130 MB.

Hi Matthew,

I know this was fixed in the commercial side.  Check that you have the
latest OSS server installed, it might be in there.  If it isn't you
could build off the sources, or pick up an appropriate support license
for your org and get the commercial version.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett
Technical Account Manager, North America

http://march-hare.com/cvspro/