[cvsnt] Problem with setting ACL on branch

Aman Bedi aman at scanbuy.com
Mon Oct 15 16:46:58 BST 2007

Hello everyone.

I have cvsnt (ver 2.5.03 (scorpio) Build 2382) on windows 2003

I have a repository which has a few modules.
I am using windows authentication and normal mode (to restrict access by
default)

I want to give permissions to one user (user1) to only one branch-“abc
branch”. This user should not have access to head branch. He should be able
to read and write only to this “abc branch”

I give this user read access on the module.
I give read write access on branch
And then I deny access on head

This does not seem to work. When the user tries to checkout the branch he
gets

Cvs checkout : in directory .
Cvs checkout : cannot read CVS/Entries for reading. No such file or
directory

Success, cvs operation completed.

The permissions on the module  are like this

user=user1,branch= abcbranch
        read
        write
        create
        tag

user=user1,branch=HEAD
        none

user=user1
        read

The only change I have made to the default installation are setting the mode
from compat to normal and enabling system authentication..

What am I missing ?

Aman Bedi