[cvsnt] SSPI wont work from remote XP client

DubbySw declan.swords at telia.com
Sat Oct 20 23:01:01 BST 2007

Hi All,
I'm installing CVS on a network server.
It installs fine and can be used by the server to itself.
If I then install the cvsnt client on an XP box I cannot get it to connect.

I suspect it has to do with the fact that the workstations on the network
all have local logins
i.e. no domain setup. Is this the root of my problem?

I've put in all users in the passwd file. Adjusted config file auth = no.
This is what I get

C:\>cvs -d :sspi:192.168.0.2:/test login
Logging in to :sspi:lan at 192.168.0.2:2401:/test
CVS Password:
cvs [login aborted]: authorization failed: server 192.168.0.2 rejected
access to /test

/Dec