[cvsnt] List CVS alias users

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Oct 22 06:41:25 BST 2007

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 21:39:01 -0400, "Elton Pereira"
<eltonjude at gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I want to be able to get a list of all alias users that have been
>created for a particular real username. Kindly suggest how do I go
>about doing this.

On the server go to the CVSROOT directory of the repository you are
interested in.
Then open the file passwd and look in it.
Notice:
You cannot read the passwd file from anywhere through the CVS
protocol, you must be on the server itself and open the file in an
editor.

You will find colon separated entries like these:

xpuser:pbR3jgnROxSlw:bosse
bob::bosse

The first field is the pserver/sserver login name (aliased).
The second field is the hashed password (can be empty)
The third is the real user name on the system (used for aliasing)

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)