[cvsnt] New Install and Configuration on Win2k Advanced Server

datadoit info at datadoit.com
Tue Oct 23 21:10:47 BST 2007

CVSNT 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2382 on MS Windows 2k Advanced Server SP4
TortoiseCVS 1.8.31 with CVSNT 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2260 (client/server)

I'm brand new to configuring a CVS server - have always been a 'user'.
I followed the server installation instructions given in the CAFIT
CVS/TortoiseCVS Administration Guide.  All appears to be up and running
correctly so far.

What I have is a project folder that I want to use as a new Repository
(or module?).  I copied my project folder to F:\cvsrepo\myproject.com
(local drive).  I then went into CVSNT and added the new repository
pointing to this folder.  Easy enough.

Finally, from my client machine I go to CVS Checkout and use the
following settings (via sspi):

Repository folder:  /CVSRepo/myproject.com
Module:  CVSROOT

and of course it only pulls the 'CVSROOT' files from the myproject.com
folder.  When I pull down the Module list, I see a list of all of my
project's subfolders.  If I choose to pull down one of these subfolders,
it grabs the folder name, but nothing else (no other files under it).

So there's my confusion.  What am I doing wrong, or what setting am I
missing?  My goal is to simply 'checkout' myproject.com to my client
machine.

TIA.