[cvsnt] Access Set-up - Error fetching resource list from history

Thomas.Erby at haden-bml.co.uk Thomas.Erby at haden-bml.co.uk
Wed Oct 24 10:00:31 BST 2007

Hi

I am trying to restrict access to the whole project and grant each user
access to individual directories when the need arises but am coming across
a couple of issues.

I am using RADv6.0 as my client with the latest CVSNT.

When locking down access to the whole project using AclMode=normal I am
getting the error - Error fetching resource list from history. Has anyone
please got an explanation or resolution? I am the admin, and i own the
project and all directories, and have ALL access to the whole project.

Alternatively, If i set access to NONE (cvs rchacl -R -a none DWPATWBuild)
for all users and then grant Read Write (cvs rchacl -a read,write -u
DevTemp DWPATWBuild) access to one particular user they still seem to
inherit the NONE permissions no matter how high i set their prioity. Is
this correct, how can i get around this? Or if i cant what is the
suggested set-up to stop developers access all code without explicitly
denying access for each user for each directory?

Any help or ideas would be a great help.

Thanks you very much

Thomas Erby
This email may contain information which is confidential and is
intended only for use of the recipient/s named above. If you are not
an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any copying,
distribution, disclosure, reliance upon or other use of the contents
of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email
in error, please notify the sender and destroy it.

We accept no legal responsibility for the content of the message.
Any opinions or views presented are solely the responsibility of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of Haden Building
Management Ltd.  Haden Building Management Ltd.  may monitor
the content of emails sent and received via its network for the
purposes of ensuring compliance with its policies and procedures.

Haden Building Management Ltd, 10th Floor Marlowe House, 109 Station Road, Sidcup, Kent, DA15 7BH
Registered in England Number 598379