[cvsnt] Windows Server Lock-ups

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Thu Oct 25 22:10:12 BST 2007

Ross Braden wrote:
> Running out of options here.  We've reinstalled on a new system, moved
> the repository to it, and we're still getting issues where the server
> (WS2003 SP2) is hanging.  Get normal behavior for a few hours or a few
> days - then we'll get no response from the cvs service.  Typicaly, ICMP
> is still up, but RDP, console login, remote Windows Computer Management
> etc are all unresponsive.  We don't get a thing in the event logs,
> Anti-Virus exceptions are setup right...  and I'm grasping at straws.
>
> v. 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Bld 2382
>
> What would be the best steps to diagnose the problem?

I don't see how cvsnt could do that.. it's a user application so can't
affect things like RDP and console login.. even on a heavily loaded
machine those things will work (albeit slowly).

I'd try on a clean system - nothing else (especially AV) and see what
happens.  It sounds more low level like a driver etc.