[cvsnt] CVSNT 2.5.04.2682

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Mon Oct 29 13:15:21 GMT 2007

bwhicks at aep.com wrote:

> I hate to criticize the lead developer, but this sounds like a cop-out. I
> can imagine people trying to add things like "Mike's cli tool.proj" in a
> .net environment and having problems. Obviously, that's a terrible name
> for something to be released to the public, but not everything gets
> released to the public.

It's a question of where we are in the development cycle.. the list of
bug fixes to go into 2.5.04 is quite long and the prioritisation has to
be quite strict especially since we don't want to introduce new bugs to
fix old ones.  evs is the place to fix such things, and (since it uses
xml a lot more, and also has the whole virtual sandbox thing going on)
probably the place where it would be of most benefit (btw. I know I
promised to put up an evs test server and I will.. just haven't had the
time to do it).

I put a file with both a single and double quote into the cvsnt
repository to see what would happen.. it coped well enough, but it's
impossible to checkout on Windows as the filesystem barfs on the double
quote.. which is a whole other problem.