[cvsnt] Cannot add file on branch with CVSNT 2.5.04

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Sep 5 06:23:52 BST 2007

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 18:57:57 +0200, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 13:35:24 +0200, Torsten Martinsen
><tma at gatehouse.dk> wrote:
>
>>I just discovered a major problem in 2.5.04.2471 - it is not possible to
>>add a file on a branch.
>>
>>In a sandbox checked out on branch 'mybranch':
>>
>>E:\temp\test>md dir
>>
>>E:\temp\test>notepad dir\test.txt
>>
>>[add a dozen lines of text to the file]
>>
>>E:\temp\test>cvs add dir
>>? dir/test.txt
>>Directory /rep/test/dir added to the repository
>>--> Using per-directory sticky tag `mybranch'
>>
>>E:\temp\test>cvs add dir\test.txt
>
>What happens if you go into the new dir and add the file from there?
>cd dir
>cvs add test.txt
>cvs commit -m "Adding file on branch"

Well, I went ahead and tested it myself.
Does not matter if one is inside the new dir when the add + commit is
done, it still gives the error:

Checking in Test.txt;
/Korvkiosk/ModuleYY/CommonFiles/AddedOnBranch/Test.txt,v  <--
Test.txt
new revision: 1.1.2.1; previous revision: 1.1
done
cvs server: Dropping data: pos>vec->text.nlines
cvs [server aborted]: invalid change text in
/Korvkiosk/ModuleYY/CommonFiles/AddedOnBranch/Test.txt,v

Too bad...

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)