[cvsnt] cvs commands hang

Prochazka, Jan Jan.Prochazka at brooks.com
Mon Sep 10 14:23:25 BST 2007

> Adding DisableDHCPMediaSense = 1 worked, but after that my
> laptop took a lot more time to boot. Is it normal? Boot time
> went back to original after removing that registry entry.

Yes, this is one of the unfortunate side effect. The Windows does not
know that the network is missing, so network services try happily to
access the servers (like DHCP, DNS, etc.) and it takes much longer
network timeout before they realized that something is wrong. Without
DisableDHCPMediaSense = 1 (default setting) network subsystem responses
to any network access request immediately with an error.

JP

This email message, including any attachments, may contain confidential and proprietary information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, copying or dissemination of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify Brooks Automation, Inc. immediately by reply email or by calling Brooks US Headquarters at +1 978-262-2400. Then delete this message from your system, without making any copy or distribution.  Thank you.