[cvsnt] Reg: Problem in checkout

Shivendra_Vishal Shivendra_Vishal at satyam.com
Sat Sep 15 16:13:03 BST 2007

When the AclMode in CVSROOT\config file is set to normal the user is not
able to checkout the files to the client though the user is given
read,write and tag access through the chacl command. CVS is throwing the
error :

cvs checkout: cwd=d:\Branch ,current=d:\Branch

cvs server: User user1 cannot read

When I'm changing the AclMode to compat checkout is working properly
however when the user restricted using chacl the restriction dosen't
applies and user can perform anything like read,write,tagging ..etc
which is not desirable. Please help me out to resolve this issue in
windows 2003 server environment.

Warm Regards

Shivendra Vishal

Satyam Computer Services Limited