[cvsnt] Reg: Problem in checkout

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Mon Sep 17 13:09:08 BST 2007

Shivendra_Vishal wrote:

> I have 3 groups of users on windows 2003 server and using it with sspi
> protocol.
>
> Group1: CVSUsers
> Group2: CVSAdmins
> Group3: CVSAdmin-xxxx, here xxxx is the repository name.
>
> Group1 is given only modification privileges from Windows 2003 server
> security permission options. Similarly Group2 is given full access on
> all the repositories and Group3 is given full access on specific
> repositories. I have changed the config file AclMode to normal after
> that the particular user is not able to checkout the repository to the
> local client machine . It gives the following error :-
>
> cvs checkout: cwd=d:\Branch ,current=d:\Branch
> cvs server: User SV48388 cannot read .

Can you show the commands you're using, for everything CVSNT-related? For
example: how you set the ACLs for user SV48388 (or CVSUsers), an lsacl on
the module you want to check out, the exact checkout command (and if it
doesn't use the -d option to set the connection string, show that one
also).

Gerhard