[cvsnt] Setting Branch ACLs

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Mon Sep 17 20:27:51 BST 2007

Rod Ghorashi-Zadeh wrote:

> I apologize if this has been answered before, I searched around but
> couldn't find anything. My questions is: How do you set CVSNT type ACLs
> on branches?

Check out the manual at <http://www.cvsnt.org/manual/html/chacl.html> (also
a good source to check first for any other problems), or the online help:

<P:\>9>cvs -H chacl
Usage: cvs chacl [-R] [-r branch] [-u user] [-j branch] [-n] [-p priority]
[-m message] [-a [no]{rea
d|write|create|tag|control|all|none}[,...]] [-d] [file or directory...]
        -a access       Set access
        -d              Delete ACL
        -j branch       Apply when merging from branch
        -m message      Custom error message
        -n              Do not inherit ACL
        -p priority     Override ACL priority
        -r branch       Apply to single branch
        -R              Recursively change subdirectories
        -u user         Apply to single user
(Specify the --help global option for a list of other help options)

You want to use the -r option.

Gerhard