[cvsnt] Setting Branch ACLs

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Mon Sep 17 22:13:23 BST 2007

Rod Ghorashi-Zadeh wrote:

> Thanks for your response. how do I list the branches from the command line?

You can use 'cvs log -t <file>'. It'll list both tags and branches; I begin
each tag with a 't' and each branch with a 'b' so that this is more
obvious.

But generally I prefer a visual tool for that (WinCvs or TortoiseCVS).

> Will this work using the 'rchacl' command? Can you give me an example
> usage?

cvs rchacl -r bTestBranch -u theUser -a read rootModule/1stLevelModule

Assigns read permissions to theUser on branch bTestBranch in the module
rootModule/1stLevelModule.

Gerhard