[cvsnt] Betr.: get a previous revision

Jan Keirse jan.keirse at tvh.be
Fri Apr 11 12:49:55 BST 2008

Answering my own question I found this gets me pretty close to the
revision number I need, I'll parse out the revision if noone else has a
better suggestion:

C:\ws\dev\10.1arelatief\aankoop>cvs log -r::1.123 -d 2008-04-11 -N
fileINeedToKnowOldRevisionFrom.txt

Kind Regards,

JAN KEIRSE
ICT-DEPARTMENT
Software quality & Systems: Software Engineer
Tel.:    +32 56 43 42 45
Fax:    +32 56 43 44 46
E-mail: jan.keirse at tvh.com
Contactsheet: JAN KEIRSE TVH FORKLIFT PARTS nv-sa -  BRABANTSTRAAT 15 -
B-8790 WAREGEM
Take a break to visit our site and tell us how we can help you today:
www.tvh.com Before printing I think about the environment.

Jan Keirse <jan.keirse at tvh.be>
Verzonden door: cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org
11/04/2008 12:51

Aan
Cc

Onderwerp
[cvsnt] get a previous revision

Hello,

I don't know if it's possible, but is there a command that gives the
revision that came before a given revision number?

Imagine I had a revision number (say 1.13), but not the one that came
before it (in this case it would be 1.12), would it be possible to
retrieve revision 1.12 without knowing the revision number?

If not, is there an easy way to find out what the revision number was of
the last revision that came before 1.13?

ps.: The process needs to be automated.

Kind Regards,

JAN KEIRSE
ICT-DEPARTMENT
Software quality & Systems: Software Engineer

**** DISCLAIMER ****
<A HREF="http://www.tvh.be/newen/pages/emaildisclaimer.html">
http://www.tvh.be/newen/pages/emaildisclaimer.html </A>

"This message is delivered to all addressees subject to the conditions
set forth in the attached disclaimer, which is an integral part of this
message."