[cvsnt] Betr.: Re: get a previous revision

Jan Keirse jan.keirse at tvh.be
Fri Apr 11 15:33:09 BST 2008

We've got a custom software management system build around cvsnt and
TortoiseCVS.
This system stores jobs (files which have been commited and compiled
together) in a database table and it stores the revision number of
revisions created by the job.
The end users now want to be able to roll back a job (so undo anything
that was done in and after that job to the files in the job).
Because I dont store the revision number of the files before the job was
committed I have to retrieve it from CVS to be able to do the rollback.

Kind Regards,

JAN KEIRSE
ICT-DEPARTMENT
Software quality & Systems: Software Engineer
Tel.:    +32 56 43 42 45
Fax:    +32 56 43 44 46
E-mail: jan.keirse at tvh.com
Contactsheet: JAN KEIRSE TVH FORKLIFT PARTS nv-sa -  BRABANTSTRAAT 15 -
B-8790 WAREGEM
Take a break to visit our site and tell us how we can help you today:
www.tvh.com Before printing I think about the environment.

Glen Starrett <glen.starrett at march-hare.com>
Verzonden door: cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org
11/04/2008 16:10

Aan
Cc

Onderwerp
Re: [cvsnt] get a previous revision

Jan Keirse wrote:
> I don't know if it's possible, but is there a command that gives the
> revision that came before a given revision number?

It's "possible", but exactly what are you trying to achieve?

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett
Technical Account Manager, North America

http://march-hare.com/cvspro/