[cvsnt] Cvs rlog fails accessing openssl.org repository

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Sat Apr 12 12:57:41 BST 2008

Matt Seitz (matseitz) wrote:

> I've also taken network traces, and it appears the CVSNT version hangs right after receiving a reply to an SSH "Diffie-Hellman Key Exchange Init" request (see frames 9-10 below).  My client sends a TCP ACK, but there is no further traffic, until 17 seconds later when the client closes the TCP connection.

At that point it's not in cvsnt code.. so it looks like either a network
or ssh issue.

Note that your root string is incomplete, leading to undefined behaviour.

anonymous at cvs.openssl.org:/openssl-cvs

On cvsnt will use ssh by default.  On cvs it will use the old rsh
protocol by default (which I'm surprised works since it's rarely
implemented).

This would explain the difference in client behaviour.

Anonymous access is rarely defined using either ssh or rsh - you
probably meant to use pserver as in:

:pserver:anonymous at cvs.openssl.org:/openssl-cvs