[cvsnt] cvsnt for 64-bit Red Hat 5.1

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Fri Apr 18 00:34:52 BST 2008

Wolf,

> Unluckily, cvsnt sometimes crashes with segmentation
> fault if used
> from outside with :pserver: when a diff/merge is executed (e.g.
> "cvs update -j M_patch_5_0_4 -j B_patch_5_0_4"). On the other hand, it
> works with :local: access.

I've not seen this on 2.5.03 or 2.5.04, which means it's specific to 64
bit or it's something else entirely (eg: comression/encryption).  Please
enable 'clients are allowed to trace server' on the server and then do
the client command with a trace and send the trace to me directly.

Note: it's very rare to do a double j merge in CVSNT - do you know about
mergepoints?  Also tagging each patch is unnecessary due to the -B 'user
defined changeset'.

You could just use the existing 32 bit builds on the 64 bit system.  To
get it working on 64 bit you are definitely going to need to do some
actual coding/bug fixing, probably better off posting to cvsnt-dev.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett