[cvsnt] howto: CVSNT on win2k3 server, using linux cvs client

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Sat Apr 26 12:22:56 BST 2008

Geoff,

> I was wondering if anyone can point me to some updated
> documentation that
> shows how to setup my cvsnt server on win2k3 and access it
> using the ext or
> extssh2 protocol from a linux commandline cvs client.

Please see the security page on the recommended protocols (look at the
bottom of the page):
http://march-hare.com/cvspro/security.htm

On linux ext is basically ssh.  Unless you are going to invest $1000's
on a commercial ssh server for windows then ssh to cvsnt server is not a
secure option - use sserver or sspi instead (yes you'll need cvsnt
client on linux).

Regards,

Arthur