[cvsnt] Migrating from CVSNT to Subversion

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Mon Aug 11 22:41:06 BST 2008

Bryce Schober wrote:

> I've had better luck with polarion's svn-importer, regarding file re-naming
> that I've done. It does have a problem with file creation on branches, and
> how CVSNT marks them as "deleted" on the trunk at the same time they're
> added on the branch. I've done some experiments with modifying the ,v files
> to remove that one "deleted" mark, and it seems to be fine. So I'll probably
> be writing a perl script to pre-process a copy of my ,v files to strip out
> that deletion mark, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

That's not CVSNT specific - it's required by RCS that a file always
exists in some form on the trunk.. branches are held as deltas from that
  point.  An importer that can't handle that isn't handling the basic
RCS file format properly.

Removing the dead state from that revision just leaves you with an extra
file on the trunk, that is probably not what you want.