[cvsnt] Help in CVSNT

Chuck Kirschman Chuck.Kirschman at Nosp_am.bentley.com
Thu Aug 21 14:17:17 BST 2008

Aravinth Rajendran wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are using CVSNT 2.5.03 Scorpio Build 2382 and Tortoise CVS 1.10.7. And
> CVS Checkout - Fetch List is done using the windows authentication (sspi
> protocol). This works fine if the windows user is present in the domain in
> which the CVSNT server machine is present.
>
> We tried using one of our team member's personal computer. From that
> computer, we tried Fetch List using his domain username and password. That
> did not work?
>
> Any idea how to solve this?

I'm not sure if this is exactly the same problem, but here's a technique
we've used:

   Set CVSNAME_SSPI=MYDOMAIN\User.Name
   cvs -d :sspi:%CVSNAME_SSPI%@cvs-serv.mydomain.com:/cvs-root login

I have no idea how to do it with Tortoise.  Perhaps it's a simple as
putting the domain name in front of the user name as above.

HTH
chuck